Monday, March 9, 2015

Remembering the Small and Simple Things

This week has been HARD!  I am not gonna lie!  Kyle has been home sick all week and i have had to do everything all on my own.  ALL  WEEK LONG!  My poor love has had a really bad sinus cold and he just cant function.  Poor guy.   So, this week has been crazy.  I have felt very stressed out, very impatient, overwhelmed and I have cried a couple of times.  But now as I sit here and think back to my week and what happened, I cant help but smile.  I smile because i think of the wonderful little things that have happened, and as I add up all my wonderful little moments, I realize that my hard week hasn't really been that hard.  A scripture comes to my mind:

Alma 37:6
by small and simple things are great things brought to pass.

Today I am grateful for all the small and simple things that have happened this week.

1.  The trees are beginning to bloom and it is just beautiful here in Nanaimo.  I am glad I live in this beautiful world, Heavenly Father created for me.

2.  I was able to go to my favourite place on earth... Westwood lake!  And I was able to go twice!  I am grateful for this beautiful weather and this beautiful walk and I was able to go with my beautiful and wonderful friends.   The kids did sooo well.  They were all happy the whole time!  Yay!!!  That doesnt happen very often, but this week it did!  I am grateful that Kate has these 2 little friends.  They all get alog so well!



3.  This is the very first time that I have ever seen Madelynne jump rope with friends.  It was so fun and wonderful to watch.  When I was little I use to love skipping and it is so fun to see that my baby loves doing it too!  She was so good at it aswell!  Oh Mady, I am so proud of you!  You are amazing.  I love watching you learn and grow and try new things.  You amaze me everyday at how kind, loving and talented you are!  You are growing up way too fast!  Please be my baby forever!


4.  This week Kate got invited to her 2nd birthday party ever!  She was so excited to go!  And what made it even more special was that it was a party for Mady's close friend Zoe Zollinger, who we all love soooo much, who turned 8.  She insisted that Kate came to.  She said she loves Kate and thinks she is so sweet and kind.  This sweet gesture made Kate and her mommy feel very loved!  Look at this girl, isnt she beautiful!!!!

5.  We had a lot of fun playing at the park.  Noah is such a good big brother!

6.  Recently we watch a cute little episode from Sofia the first and it had the most darling song on it.  This week Kate has been singing this song to me non stop.  It is soooo adorable!  I can't get enough of it!  It is called Two by two from Sofia the First!



7. I love my famiy.  They bring so much joy into my life.  I am grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with these precious children and a loving husband.  

Life can be so hard at times and this week definitely was a struggle but then as I sit back and look at these pictures and remember this week, I can recall the small and simple things.  And you know what, the small and simple things is what made this week great and wonderful! 

Today I am remembering the small and simple, because by small and simple things great things come to pass... and this week was a pretty great week!

love always,  

mommy




No comments:

Post a Comment